I know, I know, I don't post for ages and then it's a meme. I snagged this from magnetic_pole
. Statements which are applicable to me have been bolded!
1. You currently own more than 20 books.
2. You currently own more than 50 books.
3. You currently own more than 100 books.
I do! I mean I did cull my book collection considerably when I moved house but it never got below 100 and it's growing again.
4. You amassed so many books you switched to an e-reader.
5. You read so much you have a ton of books AND an e-reader.
I am a big fan of my ereader - mostly because I like to try and read lots of longlists and the library quite frequently has them split between its paper and ebook collections, also I like to read massive novels and it's good to be able to have them on my ereader so that I can read them on public transport more easily.
6. You have a book-organization system no one else understands.
7. You’re currently reading more than one book.
Always. I think I've got three on the go right now?
8. You read every single day.
Well, I try to.
9. You’re reading a book right now, as you’re taking this book nerd quiz.
10. Your essentials for leaving the house: wallet, phone, keys, and a book.
11. You’ve pulled an all-nighter reading a book.
12. You did not regret it for a second and would do it again.
Well, I have been known to regret it when I'm trying to stay awake at my desk, but I know full well I'll do it again.
13. You’ve figured out how to incorporate books into your workout.
14. You’ve declined invitations to social activities in order to stay home and read.
Yes, but I probably didn't say that to the person whose invitation I turned down.
15. You view vacation time as “catch up on reading” time.
More "carry on with reading" time.
16. You’ve sat in a bathtub full of tepid water with prune-y skin because you were engrossed in a book.
17. You’ve missed your stop on the bus or the train because you were engrossed in a book.
18. You’ve almost tripped over a pothole, sat on a bench with wet paint, walked into a telephone pole, or narrowly avoided other calamities because you were engrossed in a book.
19. You’ve laughed out loud in public while reading a book.
20. You’ve cried in public while reading a book (it’s okay, we won’t tell).
21. You’re the one everyone goes to for book recommendations.
Eh, kinda. If people are after literary fiction or fantasy recommendations, then yes.
22. You take your role in recommending books very seriously and worry about what books your friends would enjoy.
Recommending books is harrowing! What if they don't enjoy a book you loved!
23. Once you recommend a book to a friend, you keep bugging them about it.
24. If your friend doesn’t like the book you recommended, you’re heartbroken.
25. And you judge them. A little bit.
26. In fact, whenever you and a friend disagree about a book you secretly wonder what is wrong with them.
27. You’ve vowed to convert a non-reader into a reader.
28. And you’ve succeeded.
29. You’ve attended book readings, launches, and signings.
30. You own several signed books.
31. You would recognize your favorite authors on the street.
32. In fact, you have.
33. If you could have dinner with anybody in the world, you’d choose your favorite writer.
34. You own a first-edition book.
I own a few but only because I bought them cheap from the charity shop. I'm not fussed about editions.
35. You know what that is and why it matters to bibliophiles.
36. You tweet, post, blog, or talk about books every day.
37. You have a “favorite” literary prize.
I love the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction.
38. And you read the winners of that prize every year.
I try to read the entire longlist every year.
39. You’ve recorded every book you’ve ever read and what you thought of it.
40. You have a designated reading nook in your home.
41. You have a literary-themed T-shirt, bag, tattoo, or item of home décor.
42. You gave your pet a literary name.
43. You make literary references and puns nobody else understands.
44. You’re a stickler for spelling and grammar, even when you’re just texting.
45. You’ve given books as gifts for every occasion: birthdays, Valentine’s Day, graduations, Tuesdays...
46. Whenever someone asks what your favorite book is, your brain goes into overdrive and you can’t choose just one. You end up naming twelve books.
47. You love the smell of books.
48. You’ve binge-read an entire series or an author’s whole oeuvre in just a few days.
49. You’ve actually felt your heart rate go up while reading an incredible book.
50. When you turn the last page of a good book, you feel as if you’ve finally come up for air and returned from a great adventure.